Subject: Weekly Reminder
From: djmccoy (Daniel J. McCoy)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 1994 09:56:43 -0700 (PDT)

This message is to serve as a reminder that this mailing list is oriented
towards topics on Lightwave.  Messages really meant as private e-mail
should be directed to that person's internet address rather than the list.
Also, please use proper netiquette.  Not everyone enjoys messages that
have previous messages quoted verbatim.  Not everyone has 132 column
terminals.  Please don't feel there's too many restrictions though.  This
mailing list is meant for exchange of information.  

                                 Posting
                                 -------
                                 
To post messages to the list, send e-mail to "[email-masked]".                                 

                         Subscription Information
                         ------------------------

To subscribe to this list, send e-mail to "[email-masked]".
In the body of the message, include the following:

subscribe lightwave-l <optional address>
end

To unsubscribe from the list, follow the steps above to subscribe but
substitute "subscribe" with "unsubscribe" in the message body.

                           FTP Message Archives
                           --------------------
                           
Messages from this list as well as the original list and temporary list
are kept on Netcom in my directory.  You can FTP to "ftp.netcom.com".
Once you've logged in anonomously, cd to "/ftp/pub/djmccoy/Lightwave".

These files are also available via e-mail.  Send e-mail to
"[email-masked]".  Commands such as DIR, LS and SEND are
relative to the directory '/ftp/pub/' so you must include the
directory you wish to access within the command.

Commands include:

DIR [directory]
LS [directory]
HELP
SEND path/file [splitsize]
SERVERINFO

For example, to get a list of the files in the Lightwave directory,
send the following in the body of the message.

DIR djmccoy/Lightwave

or

LS djmccoy/Lightwave

                         Questions or Other Items
                         ------------------------

Questions and other list items can be directed to [email-masked] or
[email-masked]

                        Video Toaster Mailing List
                        --------------------------

If you are also interested in the Vidto Toaster mailing list, you can
subscribe by following the directions above under "Subscription
Information".  Instead of sending "subscribe lightwave-l", substitute
"lightwave-l" with "toaster-l".

-- 
Daniel J. McCoy                                                           //
Internet : [email-masked], [email-masked]     Portal: Daniel J McCoy  \X/
        or [email-masked]           BIX: dmccoy         Amiga